MILK (Mainly I Love Kids) Fund was set up as a society (Registry of Societies) on 23 June 2004. It was registered as a Charity, under the Charities Act on 6 July 2004.
Constitution : Registry of Societies (ROS)
ROS Number : ROS 187/2004 WEL
Date of Establishment : 23 June 2004
Charity Status - Charity Registration Number : 1793 , Charity Registration Date : 6 July 2004
Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status: 1 August 2004 to 30 June 2019
UEN Number : T04SS0150L
Registered Address : 1 Lorong 2 Toa Payoh, #02-08 Yellow Pages Building, Singapore 319637
A Member of : National Council of Social Service
Auditor: Nexia TS Public Accounting Corporation
- The Executive Committee / Board (Ex-Co) oversees MILK Fund's affairs. The key matters for the board include:
- Approving broad policies, determining strategies and programme objectives of MILK Fund.
- The Ex-Co is accountable for the management of donations received.
- Approving and monitoring annual budget.
- The board meets at least twice a year and other deliberations/decisions are made via electronic methods.
- The Ex-Co comprises of 5 members, all of whom are independent.
- Each member has been appointed on the strength of his/her calibre, experience and potential to contribute.
- The Honorary Treasurer may be re-elected to the same post for a consecutive term of office and, not withstanding such consecutive appointments, cannot serve for a continuous period of more than 4 years.
- The donations received are used in accordance with MILK's regulations and guidelines, unless stated for specific programmes.
- We believe in keeping fund-raising costs to the minimum so that the donations may go directly to the children and the programmes that support them.
Finance & Audit
- The finance and audit processes are closely monitored by the Ex-Co for adequacy of internal controls.
- Financial statements shall be disclosed to the public and other stakeholders via the Annual Report or the website.
Conflict of Interest & Related Party Transactions
- MILK has a conflict of interest or related party transaction disclosure process.
- The concerned parties should declare and abstain from voting in any decisions involving related parties or potential conflict of interest.
- The Ex-Co must be informed of all related party transactions and disclosure made in the annual report.
Disclosure & Transparency
- Annual Reports are prepared which include up-to-date information on MILK's programmes, activities and finances.
- Audited Financial Information and the Annual Report are available at MILK's website for donors and other stakeholders
Programme Objectives & Principles
- Vision: No child capable of developing into a contributing member of society will be marginalised because of disability, illness, poverty or social circumstances.
- Mission: MILK reaches out to disadvantaged children and youths who fall through the cracks by focusing on :
- advocacy and
- fund-raising whilst
- working with our VWO partners to implement programmes.
- We believe in working with committed partners to ensure that our programmes are transformational and meet needs that fall through the cracks.
- We believe that our programmes must be responsive and compassionate.
- We believe in good governance guided by transparency and integrity.